Friday, May 20, 2011

Cinnamon Roll cookies....

If you need to make a large batch of cookies(make 6 dozen!), something that you can make ahead of time and will please most everyone's tastes this recipe is great. It is a little time consuming so I made it in stages. When I think of cinnamon rolls I think of gooey rich cinnamon and icing. These cookies don't quite have that and I think next time I would try to add a little more cinnamon, but because these are cookies there is a limit to how much of the butter, cinnamon, sugar you can spread on them before they would loose their shape in baking. The cream cheese icing is what makes these so yummy and I was very liberal with the icing! Keep in mind that these must be refrigerated because of the cream cheese. I took them out of the refrigerator 20 minutes before serving. They are also incredible if you pop them in the microwave for a couple seconds!
Recipe can be found here at Cooking.com


I made the dough the first day, wrapped and refrigerated it. The second day I assembled them. After the cookies were rolled up I wrapped them in plastic wrap and froze them until I was ready to bake.

The third day I baked them. Took them out of freezer and put in fridge for a very short time. They cut the best and keep their shape in baking when they are very cold.


Baked cookies before the icing. I was sad that the icing covered these gorgeous swirls but they just don't taste right without lots of icing.


There will be casualties! Some just didn't hold it together, but very few! I had to eat these right away.



No comments:

Post a Comment


View more cake photos in the Galleries at distinctivecakes.com