Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Bowl Full of Cherries.....




What to do with the amazing fresh cherries that are out right now? Well there's the standard cherry pie but what about something quick and easy? I decided to try my hand at the Cherry Clafouti. I could do a long blog about it but it doesn't get much better than King Arthur Flour's description. Mine turned out more browned on the edges than I would have liked. It still tasted fabulous. If you like fresh cherries and a not too sweet dessert, this is for you. The only suggestion I have is that once you turn it down to 350, check on it after 14 minutes, don't wait for the full 20. It was too long for mine and it browned too much.


This is the handy cherry pitter I use. It pits 4 cherries at a time.

The batter is very much like a popover or german pancake batter. I'm sure it would work well with blueberries too.




No comments:

Post a Comment


View more cake photos in the Galleries at distinctivecakes.com