Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tropical Cupcakes....


This past week I made cupcakes for a tropical themed family party. The flavors were Mango Coconut, Key Lime Macadamia with White Chocolate Ganache and Chocolate with Orange-Cinnamon Cream Cheese Buttercream.
I got the nifty parchment cupcake papers from Bake It Pretty. I loved the colors and how festive they were but there were a little different to bake with. As you can see from this picture the cupcakes bake up into something like a flower shape, with the creases of the liner baked into them. Now I had only planned on putting swirls of icing on top so for my needs this was fine. But I wouldn't use these liners if I had an elaborate decoration for the tops.




I made fondant flowers and flip flops for some. Others had Lilly Pulitzer drink umbrellas. Which can be found at Lifeguard Press.







Here they are, all ready to go. I think there were 7 dozen in all.







No comments:

Post a Comment


View more cake photos in the Galleries at distinctivecakes.com