Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Pair of Cakes....

Just yesterday I delivered 2 cakes for one special party. It was combination party for the couples older son's First Holy Communion and their infant son's Baptism. I did not bake the cakes. The Grandmom has two very unique Polish cakes that she bakes for special occasions. They asked me if I could decorate the cakes after she made them. I wouldn't normally do this but it was for some friends and the Polish cakes are not something I'd easily be able to replicate myself. I was very happy with the way they turned out.
For the First Holy Communion cake I made a chalice, host, grapes and draping. I also handpainted a lot of gold accents!







The baby's Baptism cake was more simple. I made the cross from fondant with a little silver handpainting and some piped dots. The cake is covered in white fondant but in these pictures it looks more ivory.











No comments:

Post a Comment


View more cake photos in the Galleries at distinctivecakes.com