Thursday, October 1, 2009

Nanny's Key Lime Pie....


My Mom doesn't like to bake cakes, more of a pie person.  Doesn't mind eating cakes though, especially mine.  So awhile back she developed her own key lime pie recipe.  But this one is different because it's designed to be low-fat, low-calorie and best of all it tastes amazing!  She kindly shared with me, but now that I've posted it for all to see, she might regret it!





I added a couple drops of Americolor mint green just to give it some glamour, but now that I look at it I think I added too much. It would be perfect for St.Patrick's Day!


I also use the zest of a key lime for garnish on top.

Now the best part is that with the pre-made gram crust you can pop the plastic lid back on, and into the freezer it goes. Very easy to transport to a friend's house.


Blueberries and Key Lime? YUCK!
No, this isn't for the Key Lime pie, I used my Mom's recipe and made my own version using my favorite flavor combo: Blueberry Cheesecake!!!
Both versions are really delish, but my Blueberry Cheesecake is definately higher in fat and calories!


Nanny's Key Lime Pie

1 large (8oz) graham cracker pie crust
1 8oz fat free cream cheese (use only 4oz)
1 8oz low fat cream cheese
3/4 cup of powder sugar (slightly less for a tarter taste)
7oz of a (14oz) can of sweet condensed milk
1/3 cup of key lime juice (slightly more for more tartness)
 3/4 container of an 8oz low fat cool whip (thawed)

 

Place cream cheese in a mixer bowl and allow to soften...add  powder sugar and mix at medium speed.... scrape down edges if necessary.... add condensed milk and key lime juice and continue mixing until blended....turn speed to low and add cool whip just to fold in until smooth....place in pie shell and cover with plastic lid and freeze.....put in refrigerator an hour before serving.


My Blueberry Cheesecake Version

1 large graham cracker pie crust

2 – 8oz low fat cream cheese

¾ cup powdered sugar

7oz sweet condensed milk

¾ container of 8oz low fat cool whip

Blueberry pastry filling, I use Solo brand

Frozen Whole Blueberries, I use Dole

Place cream cheese in a mixer bowl and allow to soften...add  powder sugar and mix at medium speed.... scrape down edges if necessary.... add condensed milk and continue mixing until blended....turn speed to low and add cool whip just to fold in until smooth....pour into gram shell.... plop globs of blueberry filling on top...take knife and swirl a the filling along the top....scatter whole blueberries on top....put plastic lid on and freeze.




No comments:

Post a Comment


View more cake photos in the Galleries at distinctivecakes.com