Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The Last Bake....

In just short of a week we are moving.  Relocating about an hour away from our current home, and fortunately into a bigger house as well. But I couldn't leave without baking one last time in the kitchen which really saw the start of my cake baking passion. I didn't have the time to do a fancy cake but I thought some yummy cuppies would make do.

I chose one of my husband's favorites, Banana Chocolate Chip with Cream Cheese frosting. And since I was making the cream cheese frosting I decided to try something new. I took inspiration from my favorite ice cream flavor: blueberry cheesecake. Made at the best homemade ice cream place: Springer's in Stone Harbor, New Jersey. So the second cuppies were Blueberry Cheesecake. And as you can see below, when they were out of the oven, they sank slightly. Those little wells provided the perfect spot for a large swirl of blueberry cream cheese frosting.


I happened to have these rainbow cupcake liners just sitting around, begging to be used! They photographed beautifully. I only had time to do a simple icing swirl decoration. My favorite were the Blueberry Cheesecake, my kids preferred the Banana Chocolate Chip.



This will be my last baking post for a little while, just until we get settled into the new house. And as I fondly recall all the numerous creations I made in my old kitchen I look forward to the future and the many new possibilities that await me! So keep checking in on cake2cake. I am thinking I will try and post some photos of our chaotic moving experiences!

No comments:

Post a Comment


View more cake photos in the Galleries at distinctivecakes.com