Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cupcakes.....

I had the chance to make some great cupcakes last week. A couple dozen as a raffle prize for my daughter's bookfair and some very pretty ones for my niece's Confirmation. My niece Maddie loves my pumpkin spice cupcakes topped with orange-cinnamon cream cheese buttercream. So I made those for her along with some dark chocolate cupcakes topped with raspberry cream cheese buttercream.


All decorations are fondant. I used Silk White Luster Dust and a stripe stencil for the striped toppers. I used a cutter for the dove but made the branch. For the white toppers I used a Patchwork Quilt cutter.



For the book fair I went with a cookie theme. Golden vanilla cupcakes with sweet white butter cream and crumbled Golden Oreos.



These were suer rich!!! Dark chocolate cupcakes with milk chocolate ganache and a double chocolate fudge cookie!

With the leftover cookies and ganache I made cookie sandwiches. Choco-a-holics dream!





No comments:

Post a Comment


View more cake photos in the Galleries at distinctivecakes.com