Saturday, April 10, 2010

Rock On Lily......

My daughter Lily turned 7 today. She chose a Pop Star themed party and I made the cake to match her invitations. The guitar and amp took several hours and were made of both gumpaste and fondant. I used pre-tinted black Fondarific, first time using their product. I also tried to carve the cake to achieve the topsy turvy effect. I was too timid with the knife and did not carve it enough so in my mind it looked like a cake that was just lopsided!! But the cake was big hit with my daughter, she said it was the best cake and party "EVVERRRRR!!"







Surprise on the inside!! The kids loved this part.


Here's the Pop Star Birthday Girl........Rock On Lily!



No comments:

Post a Comment


View more cake photos in the Galleries at distinctivecakes.com