Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Simplicity....

I love some of the stunning, gorgeous cupcakes that I see on the internet.  They are really little works of art!  But are they appetizing?  The embossed fondant, the gumpaste flowers, the silvery dragees, beautiful yes, but not ideal to bite into. The appeal of a traditional, homestyle, simple cupcake.....you just want to open up and take a huge bite out of it!  I made these rich chocolate chocolate chip cuppies with thick cream cheese buttercream for a small family party. The same thick layer of icing on top with multi colored sprinkles just like my Mom used to do....simple and delicious!  Now would I want to serve these at a wedding? Definitely not, then we'd need those sophisticated refined cuppies with the fancy fondant!!






No comments:

Post a Comment


View more cake photos in the Galleries at distinctivecakes.com