Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Best Banana Bread.....



Who knew that the best chocolate chip banana bread was made by a 2 year old?  I should have her help me bake more often!

I think mashing up the bananas was her favorite part.

I prefer my banana bread with mini chocolate chips, so do the kids!



I've made this recipe several times and it always comes out perfectly. I highly recommend it, with or with out the cute 2 year old baker!  Enjoy....

Perfect Banana Bread
3/4 cup softened butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 blackened bananas
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Cream butter and sugar by hand.
Mash bananas and add to creamed mixture.
Add by hand eggs, vanilla, baking soda, flour and salt.
Stir in buttermilk and chocolate chips.
Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour (keep an eye on it).
We like to eat it warm, but that's probably because we just can't wait longer!



No comments:

Post a Comment


View more cake photos in the Galleries at distinctivecakes.com